The School of Arts, Design and Architecture (ARTS) at Aalto University is inviting applications for Visiting Researcher/Scholar (unfunded position, researcher shall organise funding by him/herself). The topics of research relate to the fields of art, design, media and architecture with sustainable development as an all-encompassing theme.
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Art
- Department of Design
- Department of Film, Television and Scenography
- Department of Media
- The positions are open to postdoctoral Researchers and Doctoral Candidates.
- Master’s level students are not accepted.
- The position is UNFUNDED and open to Researchers from all countries.
- Visiting Researcher should have preferably secured funding for the duration of the visit before applying for this position.
- Visiting Researcher in ARTS is for a full semester position or a full academic year.
- The applicant may indicate a particular time period of the visit and the starting date of the visit.
- Visiting Researcher in ARTS is expected to undertake research and publication in collaboration with Department’s personnel and independent research.
- S/he is expected to prepare a lecture about the research topic within two weeks of arrival and may be asked to contribute to the teaching of the Department.
- The Visiting Researcher will have to sign an Academic Visitor contract with the School of Arts, Design and Architecture immediately after arrival in Finland.
- The selected candidate will be provided working space, IT services, access to the library services, opportunity to participate in the
- Interaction with staff and other Researchers within the School of Arts, Design and Architecture.
- The selected candidate will be part of a larger research community of Aalto University. The school will help to arrange housing for the Visiting Researcher in ARTS.
How to apply:
- Apply online and application for the position should contain (in pdf format):
- Plan for research and activities at Aalto University
- List of publications
- All material should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned.
|Fellowship Level||Visiting researcher|
|Subject areas||Arts, Design and Architecture|
|Fellowship amount||Unfunded position|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|