The Rubicon programme is dedicated to promising new postdoctoral researchers who are still at the start of their scientific careers but whose scientific qualities give them the potential to become established figures in Dutch scientific research. Rubicon is part of the NWO Talent Line and is regarded as a valuable step before a possible
Duration: up to 2 years
- NWO has reserved 6.835 million euro for three submission rounds in 2018.
- There is a maximum of 2.28 million euro available for each submission round.
- For each submission round the budget is divided between the three Rubicon clusters, Alpha/Gamma, Life Sciences and the Beta sciences in proportion to the number of eligible applications.
- Humanities/Social Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Postgraduates who are currently engaged in PhD research or who have been awarded a PhD in the 12 months preceding the relevant deadline.
- Applicants who are still engaged in PhD research may only apply if their supervisor provides a written declaration approving their thesis.
- Women especially are urged to apply.
- In the 5 years directly preceding the submission deadline, applicants must have conducted scientific research at an academic research institute in the Netherlands for a period at least equivalent to 3 years fulltime.
- Applications must be submitted by individual researchers and not by pairs or teams of researchers.
- Each candidate may only submit an application for a Rubicon grant once. You can find the complete list of the eligibility criteria in the call for proposals.
|Organization||Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)|
|Subject areas||Humanities/Social Sciences, Life Sciences, Natural Sciences|
|Contact||Drs. Joris Voskuilen+31 (0)70 3440989 email@example.com|
|Eligibility||Open to early postdoctoral researchers|
May 12, September 1 and December 1.
For Further Details: Click