Junior Research Scientist: Swiss TPH (University of Basel)
Junior Research Scientist at The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), within the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health (EPH), University of Basel, the Biostatistics Unit is seeking to appoint a Junior Research Scientist.
Funding: European Union-funded project entitled “A cross-disciplinary alliance to identify, predict and prepare for emerging vector-borne diseases“. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following
- bibliometric searches on vector-borne disease-related data
- data extraction and geo-referencing
- data management and analysis.
The position is available immediately, but a later starting date is possible by negotiation. The successful applicant will work within a multi-disciplinary team of statisticians and epidemiologists.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Diploma or master’s degree in statistics, biology, or natural sciences related field
- Expertise in R programming
- Experience with databases, SQL, and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software
- Skills in data analysis
- Excellent oral and written knowledge of English is paramount
- Knowledge of French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese will be advantageous.
Please submit your application online via our online recruiting tool, including:
- Motivational letter
- Certificates and diplomas
- Reference letters if available
- Names and contact information (email or phone) of three references
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Fellowship Level||Junior Research Scientist|
|Subject areas||Statistics, Biology, Natural Sciences.|
|Deadline||Open until filled|