Applications are open for the Irish Research Council’s 2021 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship scheme. This scheme provides scholarships for suitably qualified individuals to pursue a research master’s or Ph.D. (either traditional or structured), in any discipline.
- Applicant must have an Ist class or upper IInd class honors bachelor’s, or the (equivalent) degree
- Applicant must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the scheme, including strategic partner themes within the scheme.
- Applicants must be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department or school.
- Applicants applying for a research master’s scholarship, must not currently hold, or have previously held, a Council Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants applying for a Ph.D. degree scholarship, must not currently hold or have previously held, any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Applicants will fall under one of two categories based on nationality and residency.
- For category I, applicants must meet BOTH of the following criteria: be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland AND have been ordinarily resident in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of 3 of the 5 years preceding October 1st
- Scholarships are open to all nationalities as well.
- Call open: 6 September 2021
- FAQ deadline: 14 October 2021
- Applicant deadline: 21 October 2021
- Supervisor and referee deadline: 8 November 2021
- Research office endorsement deadline: 15 November 2021
- Scheme outcome: March 2022
- Scholarship start date: 1 September 2022
|Organization||Government of Ireland|
|Fellowship Level||Master’s and Doctoral|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Stipend: €16,000/annum|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 October 2021|