The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s German Chancellor Fellowship Programme is directed at university graduates from the Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA who have an international outlook and initial leadership experience.
Duration: 01 (ONE) year in Germany
Starting date: October with a four-week introductory seminar in Bonn and Berlin
- 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR or 2,750 EUR/month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications.
- mobility allowance; health and liability insurance
- language scholarship for an compulsory 2 months intensive German language course which takes place during August and September
- allowance for research costs: 500 EUR/month for the hosts in Germany
- lump sum amount for the travel (to and from Germany); if these costs are not borne by a third party
- allowances for family members accompanying the fellow to Germany for a minimum of three months (up to 326 EUR a month for marital partners and up to 234 EUR a month for each child)
- Applicant must be a citizen of the US, the Russian Federation, The People’s Republic of China, Brazil or India.
- Applicant must hold Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than 12 years before the beginning of the fellowship; initial proven leadership experience.
- Applicants with a preponderantly academic background must have acquired initial leadership experience in addition to their own research activity
- German or English language skills
- Motivation letter (2 pages)
- Project plan (3 pages); applicants must write up their project plan independently and discuss it with their intended host prior to application
- Statement with confirmation of supervision, by the host in Germany
- Two Reference Letters by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and academic background
- Prospective applicants who have been in Germany for more than 6 months immediately prior to the application deadline (15 September) may not apply.
- Prospective applicants who have already been sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation are not eligible to apply for one of the Foundation’s other fellowships but should seek support for a further stay in
|Organization||Alexander von Humboldt Foundation|
|Subject areas||Politics, Economics, Media, Administration, Culture|
Open for Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA
Now open for South Africa also
|Deadline||15 March to 15 October of each year|