Full-time Ph.D. Position: University of Southern Denmark
Full-time Ph.D. position, at the Interdisciplinary Centre on Population Dynamics (CPop) and Danish Institute for Advanced Study (DIAS), University of Southern Denmark.
Expected start date: March 2022 (negotiable)
A 03-year Ph.D. position is vacant at the Interdisciplinary Centre on Population Dynamics (CPop) and Danish Institute for Advanced Study (DIAS).
Fields/Discipline: health metrics, health economics, epidemiology, data science, health sciences, or demography.
Fellowship: Full-time salary and tuition payment. The position is funded by support from the Danish Independent Research Foundation, under the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science.
Salary: Approximately $5200 USD per month (gross).
Project Description: The candidate will work with the project Measuring Experienced Burden of Disease (ExpBoD). The selected candidate will work closely with and be supervised by Dr. Angela Chang (PI) and Professor Jes Søgaard from CPop, and also receive supervision and guidance from the broader CPop team.
- Develop a strong understanding of a range of theories and methods in statistics, health economics, and causal inference applicable to registry-based analyses
- Lead the management of large datasets
- Lead discussion in research meetings about results and analyses to vet, improve, and finalize results
- Contribute to the development of manuscripts, presentations, and funding proposals.
- The Ph.D. program requires enrolling in 30-course credits at any Danish university.
- Master’s degree in the field of public health, statistics, data science, epidemiology, economics, or quantitative social sciences
- Expertise in using either R, Python, or STATA (ideally R or Python)
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
- Experience devising and executing statistical modeling techniques; track record of completing complex quantitative analysis
- Ability to work independently
- Previous peer-reviewed journal publication(s) as a first author
An application must include:
- Detailed CV
- A certified copy of your master’s degree certificate including all examination results
- Application form (please see below)
- Answers to a short questionnaire (link) please upload your answers in the field “Project description” when you apply
- One written sample (written as first author, either published paper or manuscript)
- One R, Python, or STATA file sample
- Names of two (02) references
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Uploaded files must be in Adobe PDF (unlocked) or Word format.
|Organization||University of Southern Denmark (SDU)|
|Subject areas||Public Health, Statistics, Data Science, Epidemiology, Economics, Quantitative Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||$5200 USD per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|