Daiwa Foundation Awards covers projects in academic, professional, arts, cultural and educational fields. Awards seek to encourage the development and sustainability of UK-Japan partnerships between such organizations as museums and art galleries, theatres and performing arts groups, schools and universities, and grassroots and professional bodies.
- Any project which involves a significant level of collaboration between British and Japanese partners can be considered.
- Support for scientific collaborations was separately provided through The Royal Society-Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation International Exchanges Scheme.
- £7,000-£15,000; enable British and Japanese partners to work together in the context of an institutional relationship.
Daiwa Foundation Awards cannot be used for:
- any project that does not involve both a British and a Japanese partner
- general appeals
- capital expenditure (eg, building refurbishment, equipment acquisition, etc)
- school, college or university fees
- research or study by an individual school/college/university student
- salary costs or professional fees
- commissions for works of art
- retrospective grants
- replacement of statutory funding
- commercial activities
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Organization||Daiwa Foundation Japan House|
|Fellowship Level||Research grants|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Deadline||31 March & 30 September|