The Department of Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics at Umeå University is opening a PhD position in mathematical statistics, focused on the interplay between optimization and machine learning. The position is for four years of doctoral studies which include both participation in research and postgraduate courses.
About the Project:
- The project is part of the AI/MLX track of the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems, and Software Program (WASP) and the PhD student will be enrolled in the WASP graduate school.
- Applicant is required to have completed a second-cycle level degree, or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level, or have an equivalent education from abroad, or equivalent qualifications.
- Applicant is required to have completed at least 60 ECTS credits within the field of mathematical statistics, statistics and mathematics, of which at least 15 ECTS credits shall have been acquired at second-cycle level.
- Programming skills (preferably MatLab or Python) are required. Good knowledge of English language, both written and spoken, are key requirements.
- Documented knowledge and experience in optimization and machine learning are merit.
Complete application online should contain the following documents:
- Personal letter with a brief description of qualifications and research interests. Motivate why candidate is applying for the employment and describe how your qualifications and merits are relevant to the employment,
- Authenticated copies of degree certificates diplomas or equivalent, including documentation of completed academic courses, grades obtained, and possibly other certificates
- Copies of relevant work such as Master’s thesis or articles that candidate have authored or co-authored
- Contact information for at least two reference persons.
|Subject areas||Mathematical Statistics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||June 15, 2021|