The University of Hawai‘i (UH Hilo) System includes 10 campuses and educational, training and research centers across the Hawaiian Islands. As the public system of higher education in Hawai‘i, UH offers unique and diverse opportunities.
About the Program: Scholarships are open to students who are admitted to the University. The UH System Common Scholarship Application is a single application form that can be used to apply for all scholarships, including both UH Hilo and UH scholarships.
Note: International students do not need to submit a FAFSA–Free Application for Federal Student Aid–to apply for these scholarships.
Disciplines: Arts, Science, commerce, pharmacy, languages
Qualifications: Students who meet all of the following qualifications may apply:
- Will enroll at UH Hilo in Fall 2016 on an F-1 student visa.
- Must be a classified full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student from a country other than the United States. Students on the exchange who do not intend to earn a degree from UH Hilo are not eligible.
- Completion of at least 12 credits at UH Hilo or another college or university in the United States at the time the scholarship begins. Priority is given to students who earned at least 12 graded credits
- Academic merit as demonstrated by a grade point average of at least 3.0 at UH Hilo.
- Some degree of financial need (as explained in your application).
- Limit of 4 years (or 8 semesters) to receive this scholarship.
- Willingness to volunteer for at least one international program per semester
Jim Mellon, Director International Student Services & Intercultural Education
The University of Hawai’i at Hilo
Student Services Center Room E-204
|Organization||University of Hawaii (HILO)|
|Fellowship Level||Bachelors, Masters|
|Subject areas||Agriculture, Business & Economics, Pharmacy or Hawaiian Language|
|Fellowship amount||The amount of the scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year will be $2,000 per semester|
|Eligibility||Open for international students|
|Deadline||Applications are accepted twice a year