Barcelona Supercomputing Centre is offering SupercompuTing and Related applicationS Fellows Programme (STAR). The STARS programme aims at fostering the training of highly skilled post-doc in all fields of High Performance Computing and related applications. This initiative is part of COFUND call of the Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions within the Horizon 2020 Programme, GA 754433.
Areas of research:
- HPC and related applications
- Earth Science
- Life Sciences
- Personalised Medicine
- Computational Engineering
- Computational Social Sciences
- Candidates may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline. Time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Candidates must at the date of the call deadline be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Candidates must not have been awarded a PhD degree for more than 6 years prior to the call deadline or may not have more than 10 years of research experience prior to the call deadline.
- Exceptions are made for documented periods of parental leave and sick leave.
- Women may claim up to 12 months for child, for a maximum of 3 years.
About the positions:
- These are 24-months incoming fellowships.
- Salary range: Annual living and mobility allowances (35.000€ gross salary) + Annual Family allowance Researchers (1.500€ gross salary)
- Additional support: Annual budget for Travel and Research & Training activities (5.400€)
- The programme will award 20 outstanding post-doctorate researchers of all nationalities with 24-month INCOMING fellowships, providing them with all necessary tools for developing their potentials, deepening their skills and knowledge in a stimulating, international and interdisciplinary environment, and offering them intersectorial short secondments (1-3 months) with private industry or non-academic research centres.
- Short secondments periods under the premises of these partner institutions will take place within the STARS programme.
- Fellows will also be strongly encouraged to participate at least once a year in an international event in their domain of research.
- This call will award up to 6 fellowships.
Apply online and answer the following questions and send us the compulsory 4 documents attaching them in application:
- A Resume/CV which has to include all the fields of the attached PDF. (maximum 4000 characters with spaces)
- A Cover/Motivation Letter explaining your interest in joining the Programme and BSC (maximum 4000 characters with spaces), and your Research Plan (maximum 4000 characters with spaces)
- 2 references letters (maximum 4000 characters with spaces): indicating the contact information of the referees (we may contact them in the next steps of the process)
|Organization||Barcelona Supercomputing Centre|
|Subject areas||Earth Science, Meteorology, Life Sciences, Genomics Personalised Medicine, Computational Engineering, Physics, Computational Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||As per MSCA rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|