SNSF Doc.CH Grants in the field of humanities and social sciences (HSS): The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) awards grants / scholarships to promising researchers in the humanities and social sciences.
Awarding agency: Grantees are matriculated at a Swiss university as PhD students and paid a salary by the university through the “Doc.CH (HSS)”- Grant, which is awarded for a period of 2 to a maximum of 4 years.
Deadlines: Annual deadlines for application are March 10 and September 10.
- Hold a degree (master or similar degree, acquired no more than 2 years prior to the submission deadline) from a Swiss higher education institution which entitles to start a PhD in the humanities and social sciences at ETH Zurich;
- Swiss nationals with a foreign degree are also entitled to submit an application.
Application and evaluation
Proposals must be made electronically (see the link below). To access SNF portal, a user account is required; new user accounts must be requested 2 weeks before the deadline at the latest.
Following documents are required:
- A written confirmation from ETH Zurich regarding admission to the doctorate at ETH Zurich.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from
- the main supervisor working at the ETH Zurich and
- the co-supervisor working at another higher education institution in Switzerland or abroad.
- A letter of invitation from the host institute abroad if a research stay abroad is planned.
|Subject areas||Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Fellowship||As per laws|
|Eligibility||Masters or equivalent|
|Deadline||March 10 and September 10 (yearly)|