Simons @ NCBS is a joint venture of National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) & Simons Foundation. They cover a wide range of length and timescales, from protein function, computational cell biology and evolution, to the physics of active systems. The Simons Centre for the Study of Living Machines is supported by the National Centre for Biological Sciences and the Simons Foundation.
About the postdoctoral program:
- This competitive program is for exceptionally talented researchers capable of developing an independent research programme in collaboration with members of Simons Centre.
- Institute is seeking talented theoretical physicists, chemists, mathematicians, engineers and computer scientists with a strong interest in biology.
- Positions are open internationally.
How to apply:
- Applicants may apply all through the year. Send applications including:
- Summary of research accomplishments (one page)
- Minimum 2 letters of recommendation
- Applications to be sent to email@example.com
- Submit a detailed proposal of research which may be developed in consultation with a member of the Simons Centre (2-4 page).
- Candidates will have to give a research seminar and attend an interview.
- The results will be announced within a week of the interview.
- 90,000 per month
- Research Stipend of $5,000 per year
- Other benefits: On-campus housing, healthcare, relocation allowance, child-care allowance
|Organization||National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) & Simons Foundation|
Theoretical Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Biology
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 90,000 per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|