Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) is recruiting one position as a Senior Researcher, Researcher or Researcher (II). The position is available in the department of Deep-Sea Bioresource Research Group, Research Center for Bioscience and Nanoscience (CeBN), Research Institute for Marine Resources Utilization (MRU).
About the position:
- Senior Researcher: Senior Researcher is expected to produce sufficient significant results to play a leading role in JAMSTEC’s research and technology development activities. In addition, the Senior Researcher is also expected to provide appropriate advice and produce sophisticated proposals to assist with decision making that requires advanced expertise in the assigned department.
- Researcher: Researcher is expected to further accumulate and develop it’s own expertise, and to continuously create and publish the results of their main papers and technology development as a dedicated researcher.
- Researcher (II): Researcher (II) is expected independently to conduct research and technology development and to share results through scientific publications and achieve technology innovation.
- Applicant must have completed a PhD in a closely related field of research or technology development.
Application to be sent via e-mail to email@example.com with all required documents and that all documents are fully completed:
- Valid email and home address must be provided.
- Summary of your research (1 page)
- Research plan at JAMSTEC (1 page)
- Publication (achievement) list including thesis titles
- List of competitive research funds awarded to the applicant
- Two (or fewer) representative publications in PDF formats.
- Two letters of recommendation from two senior research scientists (1 letter from each).
- The recommendation should email to JAMSTEC directly with a signed letter as an attached file in PDF format.
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
|Fellowship Level||Technical position|
|Subject areas||Bioinformatics, Molecular biology, Environmental microbiology|
|Deadline||July 24, 2020|