AstraZeneca R&D, Physical & Analytical Chemistry, Gothenburg, Sweden seek to recruit a Senior Research Scientist responsible for Analytical Research of oligonucleotides in the Therapeutic Area Respiratory and Immunology AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting biopharmaceutical companies.
- From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn science into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society.
- AstraZeneca is committed to the development of the next generation innovative respiratory medicines.
- The department of Medicinal Chemistry in the therapeutic area of Respiratory & Immunology is focused on the delivery of Small Molecule (SM) and New Modalities (NM) clinical candidates.
- Its Physical and Analytical Chemistry team, crucial for the delivery of clinical compounds, is working with a strong research focus in close collaboration with Medicinal Chemists and scientists in all other neighbouring departments. We jointly aim at the discovery of the respiratory medicines of the future.
- Strong scientific curiosity in novel technology and methods
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry
- Documented expertise in MALDI-MS, LC/MS and high-resolution mass spectrometry (theoretical in-depth knowledge and practical expertise)
- Demonstrated expertise in MS characterization of oligonucleotides (MS/MS CID, ETD and MALDI-MS) is a significant bonus.
- Experience and knowledge of separation techniques beyond RP-UPLC (such as Gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, ion-exchange chromatography and size exclusion chromatography) is a bonus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
HOW TO APPLY:
For more information about the position please contact Tomas Leek, Team Leader, Physical and Analytical chemistry, by email: Tomas.Leek@astrazeneca.com
|Type of position||Post-doctoral|
|Subject areas||Analytical Chemist ,Oligonucleotide Analytics|
|Deadline||August 09, 2020|