Senior Fellowship Programme at CERN (Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire, European Organization for Nuclear Research), Geneva, Switzerland
Overview: This Program is aimed at graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing and engineering with between 4 and 10 years’ experience.
Senior Fellowships are intended for MSc or PhD graduates looking to work in a research group.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State. A limited number of positions are also available to candidates from Non-Member States.
- You have a PhD, or at least four years’ relevant experience since the completion of your MSc (or the equivalent diploma which gives access to doctoral programs),
- In both above cases a maximum limit of 10 years’ experience after completion of your MSc.
Note: Please note that CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
- An employment contract for between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,039 to 7,994 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
Application Procedure: You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A scanned PDF of your most recent relevant qualification.
- Three (03) recent letters of recommendation (not older than a year at the time of the deadline for applications), giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements.
Deadline: 2 September 2019
|Organization||CERN (Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire), (European Organization for Nuclear Research)|
|Fellowship Level||Postdoc, Researcher|
|Subject areas||Sciences and Engineering|
|Salary||As per CERN regulations|
|Deadline||1 September 2020|