Research program (Postdoctoral): Concordia University – Machine Learning and Generative Design for Advanced Manufacturing in Mass Customization
Reference number: 6000
Supervisor: Tsz Ho Kwok
Industry 4.0 (I4.0) is the new trend of automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies. One major characteristic of I4.0 strategy is the strong customization of products under the conditions of highly flexible production, enabling mass customization. Custom product offers inherent advantages over their mass-produced counterparts, as they can provide more comfort, unique and aesthetic appeal, and/or better performance.
PhD in Mechanical, Computer Science or related fields with experiences in Machine Learning and Design.
- Applicants must not currently hold a postdoc appointment at Concordia
- Priority will be given to postdoc fellows who have obtained their PhD from another university although in exceptional cases Concordia graduates may be considered
Timeline and application process
The Postdoc Fellow must start his/her appointment by July 1, 2020.
- All documents must be submitted to Niyusha Samadi.
- Please include the reference number with your application
Application documents required
- One to three (1-3) page research statement demonstrating fit with the program described above.
- Current CV demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (max. 5 pages).
- Two (02) letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers to be sent via e-mail directly to Niyusha Samadi.
Benefits/Fellowships: The prestigious Horizon Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $47,500 per year plus benefits.
|Subject areas||Engineering: Mechanical, Computer Science|
|Fellowship amount||$47,500 / year|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Open until filled|