Research Associate: Chemical and Biological Engineering: UBC
Research Associate at the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering | Faculty of Applied Science, UBC Vancouver (University of British Columbia).
The Sustainable Water Innovation and Research Laboratory (SWIRL) of the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department, along with the RESEAU Centre for Mobilizing Innovation (RESEAU CMI), at the UBC, is seeking applications from an aspiring chemical or environmental engineer with a Ph.D. degree to join the team involved in a multi-disciplinary water treatment research program.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the development of strategies to advance the research on drinking water,
- Participate in coordination of different projects,
- Managing the water treatment research portfolio, which will include both the design, execution, and reporting of the various projects,
- Supervisory responsibility for 2-3 graduate or undergraduate students
- Perform experimental work on various advanced technologies for their efficacy to treat water.
- Analyze samples using techniques such as HPLC, ICP, IC, TOC analyzer, flow cytometry, etc.
- Modeling work on different processes to predict, evaluate, and optimize the performance of the treatment processes (especially those involving photochemical reactions).
- Field experiments on the evaluation of technologies for improving the quality of drinking water
- Assist in writing grant proposals and reports
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering or environmental engineering
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Experience in supervising laboratory staff or students.
- Experience with advanced oxidation and reduction processes, including ultraviolet irradiation
- Laboratory and analytical skills and experience
- Understanding of the theories and fundamentals of advanced processes and water treatment techniques
- Advanced knowledge of computer modeling and simulation of chemical and photochemical processes
Start Date: July 1, 2021
Review of applications start date: June 15, 2021
Eligible interested candidates should send their updated CV by e-mail to Dr. Madjid Mohseni (email@example.com)
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Chemical and Biological Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30th June 2022|