The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), an Autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India. A position is open for a project Scientist -Stem Cell Technologist, Flagship Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The selected candidate will report to the Head of the Stem Cell Core, inStem.
- The position will focus primarily on a project based on the development of an unique resource of stem cell lines to understand disease & facilitate the identification of targets for discovery and clinical application.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing feeders, derivation and expansion of human iPSC lines and their differentiation to multiple lineages using monolayer and organoids. Genome editing of hiPSC lines and standardizing the platform for high throughput screening are planned efforts.
- Applicants with work experience in Stem Cells particularly the generation, maintenance and manipulation of hIPSC will be preferred. Effective communication and team work are required.
- Applicant must hold PhD/MD/ or equivalent Degree or 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/M. Pharm/ME/ M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journal.
- Additional experience will be given due weightage.
Duration: Initially for one year and extension for two additional years based on satisfactory annual review.
How to Apply:
Apply online and applicants should submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with a cover letter highlighting relevant work experience and interest for the job. The CV should include information on educational qualifications and work experience (two pages).
- The name and contact email ID of two professional referees should be provided.
- The application should be submitted as one consolidated pdf.
- Mark-sheets and testimonials should not be included
|Organization||Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem)|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Bioinformatics|
|Fellowship amount||As per GoI norms|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||07th May 2021|