Postgraduate research Australian scholarships are available for Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend (Domestic), funded by the federal government to provide financial support to exceptional students.
Qualification requirements: The Australian Government requires you to:
- be a domestic student enrolled in an accredited research degree (HDR course of study) at an Australian higher education provider (HEP)
- Income not related to your course of study or income received for you course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- not be receiving income from another source to support your general living costs while studying, if that income is greater than 75% of your RTP stipend rate.
- If you also hold an Australian Government RTP Fees Offset scholarship, you must:
- not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth that’s designed to offset research degree (HDR) fees.
- Read the Australian Government RTP Stipend rules (PDF file, 304.7 KB)to see all selection criteria involved as part of our competitive selection process.
- Depending on the faculty you’ll be studying in, you will have to meet specific eligibility criteria.
What you’ll receive
- a scholarship, indexed annually ($28,092 in 2020).
- The scholarship for living costs for up to 2 years for masters students and 3 years for PhD students.
- You can also apply for:
- a $1,520 relocation allowance
- a $420 (masters by research), or $840 (PhD) thesis allowance after submitting your thesis.
How to Apply
- Apply for a research degree and a scholarship any time between now and October 30 2020.
- Applications for our annual scholarship round are now open for students starting in 2021.
- You must register your interest for a scholarship when you apply for your course by completing the ‘Scholarship application’ section of the research degree application form.
- Indicate on your application that you want to be considered for a scholarship as part of our annual scholarship round.
|Subject areas||Industries, Education, Health, Law, Business Engineering,|
|Contact||Phone: 3138 2932 or 3138 4923
Fax: +61 7 3138 1304
|Deadline||October 30, 2020.|