Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow :Media and communication
Applicants will have expertise in one or more of the following areas: new media and mobility;cultural studies in Asia;
- cultural theory and materialist cultural studies; criticalsoftware studies and network theory; games and e-sports theory; race, gender and sexuality studies in Asia; critical creative industry and policy studies;
- Asian film and digital heritage studies; digital ethnography and qualitative research methods.
- PhD in Cultural Studies, Media and Communications Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, or closely related discipline by date of appointment; evidence of successful teaching.
- Established in 2004, the Department of Communications and New Media is a leader in communication and new media research and education.
- It offers undergraduate, honours and PhD programmes in communications and new media studies, with an innovative curriculum that introduces students to key debates in the areas of media studies, communication management, interactive media design and cultural studies.
- Its curriculum provides students with practical skills in social media management, user interface design, and digital marketing. Its students undertake industry immersion through its compulsory internship programme.
- The Department also offers an undergraduate double degree with the School of Business; undergraduate minors in Interactive
- Media Design and Cultural Studies, and the Cultural Studies in Asia PhD programme.
- It has research concentrations in media psychology, health communication and cultural studies.
- Successful candidates for these positions will join an engaging community of 32 full-time faculty and 760 undergraduate and graduate students.
PhD in Cultural Studies, Media and Communications Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, or closely related discipline by date of appointment; evidence of successful teaching.
How to apply
Submi the following items online at this website to complete your application:
- Scanned copies of all degree certificates
- Employment and Academic History. List all academic and non-academic positions
- Research Statement. To include supporting docs
- Teaching Statement. To include supporting docs
- A complete list of publications
- Honours and Awards.
- Citation, if applicable
- University, Public and Professional Service
- Samples of Publications
- Samples of Teaching Evaluation Reports
- List of Four References
- For more information (see the link below)
|Organization||National University of Singapore|
|Type of position||Post doctoral|