The Department of Bioproducts and Biosystems at the Aalto University’s School of Chemical Engineering is presently looking for a motivated Postdoctoral Researcher in the area of Bio-based materials.
About the position:
- The candidate will be mainly working in fundamental research on the moisture behavior of bio-based materials in a prestigious project funded by Academy of Finland.
- The position is available immediately, but the starting date can be negotiated to several months ahead.
- The postdoctoral position is open in the Wood Material Science research group headed by Prof. Lauri Rautkari.
- Candidate should have recently obtained a PhD in a suitable field, such as material science or chemistry; wood science is an asset
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in carrying out independent research and working in a team environment
- Experience in writing high level scientific publications
- Skills, knowledge and abilities in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Experience in spectroscopic analyses, such as NIR, FTIR and Raman spectroscopies
- Good understanding of wood structure and chemistry
- Experience in water interaction of biomaterials.
How to apply:
Apply online and the application should include the following in a single pdf:
- Cover Letter
- List of publications
- Names and contact details of references.
|Subject areas||Material Science, Chemistry, Wood Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|