The Organismal and Evolutionary Research Programme at University of Helsinki invites applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher in ecosystem ecology for a fixed term of two years.
About the position:
- The postdoc position is part of the Research Centre for Ecological Change (REC) and is funded by the Jane and Aatos Erkko Foundation for 1.1.2021-31.12.2022.
- The postdoc will analyse ecological time-series datasets to understand how ecological communities and ecosystem functioning are changing over space and time, and across different habitats in response to climate change and human use of natural resources.
- The successful candidate will take part in developing the specific research questions aiming to understanding the extent and speed of ecosystem level change, and identifying the underlying drivers of this change.
- Candidates who have experience in modelling of ecosystem carbon cycling are especially encouraged to apply.
- The data and research questions concern both aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. The focus of the specific research questions will be decided in accordance with the background and interests of the candidate.
- Candidates must have completed a PhD in Ecology or a related field, and have strong conceptual and computational skills, as well as experience developing and working with large and complex datasets and theory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to conceive, execute and complete research projects, and to think independently and creatively are required.
- Excellent communication skills are required for extensive collaborations.
Apply online and the application should include the following documents as a single pdf file:
- Motivational letter (max 1 page)
- CV (max 2 pages) and publication list
- Contact information of two persons who can provide a reference letter based on request.
|Organization||University of Helsinki|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|