The Analytical Chemistry Group (Van’t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences (HIMS) at University of Amsterdam (UvA) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher in FFF – nanoplastics analysis.
About the position:
- The selected candidate will work as an independent researcher in a team focusing on the development and application of field flow fraction (FFF) techniques for nanoparticles analyses with a focus on nanoplastics (environmental and biological matrices).
- Developing tools for the analysis of nanosized plastics and studying their interactions with other (macro) molecules by asymmetrical-FFF (AF4) will be your main objective. Mass spectrometry will be used for identification and quantitation purposes.
- The selected candidate will be expected to train and teach internal and external researchers (students, trainees and collaborators) in the use of our AF4, MS and allied methods and participate in research discussions, including own research involvement.
- Applicant must hold at least two years’ work experience and must hold PhD in (Analytical) Chemistry.
- A strong scientific expertise in FFF; experience and/or affinity with the acquisition and managing of research projects.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills;
- Applicant must have self-motivation, enthusiasm, ambition and good networking capabilities;
- Applicant must possess good communication skills in the English language.
Apply online and applications in .pdf should include:
- A motivation letter and CV, including a list of publications,
- Names and contact details (email and telephone numbers) of two academic references.
|Organization||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 May 2021|