The Insight Centre for Data Analytics at Dublin City University (DCU) is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher (AIB Project).
About the Project:
- The project proposed is collaborative between Data and Analytics Research Centre based in DCU and the Centre of Excellence for Data and Analytics within AIB, based in Dublin.
- The aim of the project is to design and build a solution to a Data and Analytics problem leading to its practical application. The research questions themselves will be agreed between both parties and led by the researcher so that the work is both publishable and practically applied immediately post design.
- Specific duties include:
- Conduct a programme of research into data quality assessments, automation of due diligence checks in the context of banking and the evolutionary challenges surrounding COVID-19 from a retail banking perspective.
- Provide assistance and advice to PhD students working on similar topics.
- Assist the Principal Investigators (PIs) in overseeing software and system development for various projects.
- Produce top quality journal and conference publications, in partnership with the PIs.
- Participate in Insight Centre activities, including industry showcases, annual reviews and industry and agency visits to the Insight labs.
- Candidate must have a PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related discipline with strong software and programming skills and relevant experience in mathematical and analytical thinking.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and to take responsibility to contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
How to apply:
|Organization||Dublin City University (DCU)|
|Subject areas||Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics|