The Nano and Molecular Systems Research unit at University of Oulu is inviting applications for a postdoctoral researcher in Advanced Characterization of Inorganic Materials.
About the position:
- The position is open for a talented and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher for a 3-year position.
- The research will concentrate on advanced characterization of materials in a multidisciplinary environment.
- The task is to utilize spectroscopic and microscopic characterization techniques to gain molecular level insight to fundamental physical and chemical properties and processes of inorganic materials related to e.g. raw materials, mining, and CO2 sequestration.
- Applicant must have a doctoral degree in physics or in a closely related field. And the degree should be obtained within the last 10 years, latest by the start of the employment.
- The candidate is expected to have knowledge in synchrotron radiation based characterization technique(s) (spectroscopy, microscopy, diffraction, scattering)
- Applicant should possess good communication skills in both written and spoken English.
How to apply:
Apply online including all relevant enclosures. The application should be written in English and include the following:
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages) summarizing applicant’s professional experience and expertise and describing why applicant is interested in about this position.
- CV (max. 4 pages)
- List of publications
- A research plan (max. 3 pages)
- Certificates/Diplomas: Scanned copy of the original doctoral degree certificate and transcript of records and, when necessary, official translations to Finnish or English
- Contact information of two senior/experienced researchers who may be asked to give a statement on the candidate
|Organization||University of Oulu|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 9th, 2020|