The School of Chemistry at the University of Edinburgh is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Chemistry Education to work under the supervision of Professor Michael Seery, an international leader in the field.
About the position:
- The post holder will develop and research curriculum transformation in major aspects of the chemistry curriculum as part of an ongoing large scale transformation of Chemistry teaching within the School.
- We have already achieved several major milestones, and the post-holder will make substantial contribution to this ongoing project.
- The post holder will also contribute to mission-critical activities including delivery and organisation of teaching.
- An undergraduate degree in chemistry (as accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry, or equivalent
- A PhD in chemistry (all sub-fields welcome)
- Experience of working with undergraduate students in a formal education setting, such as laboratory demonstrating
- Demonstrated interest in chemistry education, such as experience of contributing to innovative practice in chemistry education, curriculum development, or equivalent
- Knowledge of key issues and debates relating to chemistry education, including knowledge of the UK Higher Education sector
- Excellent level of English language usage, and familiarity in writing technical and non-technical documentation in English
- Ability to work independently
- Effective project and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with students, academics, and professional services staff related to the project
How to apply:
- All applicants should apply online by clicking the apply link at the bottom of this page and submitting an up to date CV (no longer than three A4 pages max) and a one page cover letter outlining why they are applying for the position and what they would like to achieve in the position.
- The application process is quick and easy to follow, and you will receive email confirmation of safe receipt of your application.
- The online system allows you to submit a CV and cover letter.
|Organization||University of Edinburgh|
|Type of position||postdoctoral|