The Chair for Science Studies at ETH Zurich offers a postdoctoral position to begin on February 1, 2021.
About the position:
Applicants should pursue a research project in one of the following main areas:
- The history of the humanities (any period).
- The history of the sciences in the 20th century, with a focus on the life sciences or human sciences.
- Ideally, but not compulsory, your project would fit into to the research areas currently pursued at our chair (history of academic publishing and history of the book, photography between science and art, philosophy and science between academia and the public sphere, history of applied humanities, knowledge and counter-knowledge).
- The position is initially limited to a period of three years and can be extended. There is also the possibility of pursuing a “Habilitation” project.
- Applicant must hold a PhD, obtained no longer than five years ago, in the History of Science, Science Studies or Philosophy of knowledge.
Apply online including the following:
- A short research proposal outlining the project (max 500 words) and a published research article
- Names and addresses of two referees who may be contacted in order to obtain letters of recommendation.
|Subject areas||History of Science, Science Studies, Philosophy|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 15, 2020|