The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO) is offering a postdoctoral position to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic young scientist who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment in Quantum Information Theory.
About the position:
- The successful candidate will be joining the Quantum Information Theory group led by Prof. Dr. Antonio Acín.
- The group has experience in the design of quantum information protocols, with an emphasis on quantum cryptographic applications, the study of quantum correlations and the application of quantum information concepts to other fields, such as the study of many-body systems and quantum thermodynamics.
- The hired researcher will be working on the application of concepts and tools originally developed in quantum information theory to other research areas.
- Possible topics of research are: methods for the characterization of many-body systems, understanding of thermodynamic processes at the quantum scale, quantum-inspired or quantum-improved algorithms for optimization or machine learning, the study of open quantum systems, tools to understand causality in the classical and quantum world.
- Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized PhD equivalent degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) preferably in quantum information science.
- Previous experience in any of these topics is not necessary but highly recommended.
Duration: One year, renewable for one more year.
Apply online and submit the following:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including contact details,
- Contact e-mail of two potential referees
|Organization||The Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th September 2020|