The Departement of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences at ETH Zurich seek to fill a postdoctoral position in Membrane Nanoscience in research group funded by an ERC Advanced grant. The starting date will be determined upon mutual agreement.
About the position/research:
- The topic of the research will be the use of tip-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (TERS) for studying nanoscale organization of biological membranes and other sensitive 2-dimensional molecular layers.
- TERS combines scanning probe microscopy (SPM) with optical spectroscopy, and lends chemical specificity to SPM, which greatly extends its range of applications.
- Candidate must have PhD in Chemistry or Biophysics and a strong background in membrane biophysics or biochemistry.
- Experience with scanning probe microscopy and/or Raman spectroscopy is desirable but not mandatory.
- Motivation to work with sophisticated instrumentation, spectroscopy, and computer-assisted data evaluation is important.
Apply online with the following documents:
- Publication List
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Biophysics, Biochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|