We invite candidates to submit applications for a joint Postdoc position in the bio interfaces-oriented group of Professor, Department of Chemistry, at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
About the position:
- The position is for one year, with possible prolongation up to two years.
- The overall aim of this project is the development of a screening platform for identification of virus neutralizing antibodies based on encapsulation of synthetic micrometer-range compartments loaded with bio-entities inside micro fluidic-generated droplets.
- A particularly important part will intend to synthesize the copolymers serving for the assembly of micro-compartments, followed by their loading with specific bio-entities and encapsulation inside bigger droplets by micro fluidics technology.
- In addition, the interaction with cells represents a key element for the overall efficiency of the screening platform.
you will ideally have a PhD in chemistry or material science; experience to combine colloidal systems with bio molecules and characterize them by physical-chemistry methods is a must; knowledge in polymer synthesis and self-assembly is a must; experience in micro fluidic technology systems is desirable; high records of publications in internationally refereed scientific journals Proficiency in English; German is an advantage.
How to apply:
- Application: For further information, please contact
- Prof .Dr. Cornelia Palivan,(Cornelia.Palivan@unibas.ch .
- Dr. Wolfgang Meier (Wolfgang.Meier@unibas.ch.
- Interested applicants will send, curriculum vitae, names and contact details for two referees.
- The University of Basel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Deadline||September 09, 2020|