The School of Life Sciences at the University of Dundee is a world-class academic institution with a reputation for the excellence of its research, its high quality teaching and student experience, and the strong impact of its activities outside academia.
- With 900 staff from over 60 countries worldwide the School provides a dynamic, multi-national, collegiate and diverse environment with state-of-the-art laboratory, technology and teaching facilities.
About the position:
- We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced medicinal chemist with experience in the Bophirima industry or similar, for a team leader role within the Drug Discovery Unit (DDU).
- The successful applicant will join a dynamic and multidisciplinary group that covers all aspects of drug discovery up to candidate selection.
- Work will cover all aspects of early drug discovery from hit validation through to lead optimisation for tuberculosis (TB), demonstrating appropriate pharmaceutical properties and efficacy in pre-clinical models of disease.
- The appointee will plan and lead multidisciplinary projects, line manage and co-ordinate the work of a team of chemists and drive interactions between medicinal chemists, biologists, computational chemists and drug metabolism & pharmacokinetics experts within the DDU team.
- The Drug Discovery Unit (DDU) (see http://www.drugdiscovery.dundee.ac.uk) is a fully integrated drug discovery operation based within a world class Life Sciences research environment.
- Applicants must be professionally qualified with a PhD in a chemical science related discipline or alternatively a BSc in a chemistry related subject with subsequent substantial relevant drug discovery experience in the BioPharma industry.
- Be able to evidence managing successful drug discovery projects and people.
- Demonstrable expertise in the concepts and practice of aspects of drug discovery.
How can apply:
This post is available for an immediate start, and is funded to 31 October 2021 in the first instance.
- Online apply and for further details regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Professor Ian Gilbert (firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||University of Dundee|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral ( reference no- SLSC0765)|
|Subject areas||Biological Chemistry and Drug Discovery|
|Deadline||September 05, 2020|