University of British Columbia (UBC) is seeking candidates for a postdoctoral fellow position in the areas of gene therapy and platelet biology. The successful applicant will be co-supervised by Christian Kastrup (Michael Smith Labs and Eric Jan (Life Sciences Institute).
About the position:
- The ideal candidate has a background in molecular biology, and experience in platelet biology and/or gene therapy.
- The postdoctoral candidate is to be creative individual who works well independently and as a team, with great interpersonal skills and excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- The candidate will design and analyze experiments, organize their own workload, keep meticulous records of experiments and data, report on research progress and outcomes openly, review methodologies in response to feedback, and help lead a team of researchers.
- The ideal candidate is experienced reviewing literature to devise new research directions and to generate creative and novel ideas for new projects, collaborations or techniques.
- This position is available starting October 1st, 2020 with an initial appointment for one year, renewable up to three.
About the project:
- Project: Enhancing Transfusable Platelets with Genetic and Protein Engineering.
- The project will develop technologies to enhance and expand the therapeutic potential of platelets using lipid-based gene therapy, including mRNA and gene editing approaches.
- This project is funded and aims to reduce mortality and morbidity from severe hemorrhage in austere settings by enhancing transfusable platelets.
- This project aims to modulate the synthesis and release of protein cargoes from transfusable platelets, through state-of-the-art mRNA and protein transfection and delivery systems, in which our team members are unique experts.
- Applicants will have a PhD in a Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field.
- Application to be sent via email to Christian Kastrup with ‘Kastrup and Jan PDF position’ in the subject line and please include a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae including a list of publications, and contact details for 3 references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Molecular Biology, Biochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 September 2020|