A Department of Mathematics at University of Oslo (UiO) is inviting application for a Postdoctoral fellowship in theoretical study of nano-scale soft wetting available at the Mechanics section. The project is led by Dr. Tak Shing Chan (PI) and will be conducted in the group of Prof. Andreas Carlson. The fellowships will be for a period of 2 years. Starting date no later than 01.03.2022.
About the position:
- The position is part of the project “Dynamic wetting on soft solids” funded by the Research Council of Norway.
- Many biological and industrial processes involve a fluid displacing another immiscible fluid over soft solids such as biological tissues and gels.
- Develop MD simulations code/continuum models for fluid wetting an elastic/viscoelastic solid
- Work in an interdisciplinary team with expertise in mechanics, physics and material science.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in mechanics, fluid mechanics, physics or applied mathematics. Doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing date.
- Appointment is dependent on the completed defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
How to apply:
Apply online and the application must include the following:
- Cover letter including a description of scientific interests and the motivation for applying for the position (max. 1 page)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records
- List of publications
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Physics, Applied Mathematics
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th October 2021|