The Department of Mechanical Engineering and Technology Management, Faculty of Science and Technology at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has a vacant three-year postdoctoral fellowship position related to computational modelling of electronic-band structure and exciton dispersion in solids and 2D heterostructures. The project is a close collaboration with the Electron-Energy-Loss Spectroscopy group at University of Oslo and international partners, including Professor Christoph T. Koch and the Humboldt University of Berlin.
- Applicant must have completed PhD in Physics, Material Science or equivalent.
- Applicant must have good track-record of publishing papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Extensive experience in using plane-wave DFT methods, e.g., VASP and Quantum Espresso and familiarity with Python.
- Strong written and oral skills in English.
- Experiences and skills will be emphasized in calculating exciting-state properties of materials using specialized codes for GW/BSE is highly desirable.
- Experience with implementing post-processing tools for analyzing data or developing programming.
- Strong knowledge of solid-state theory in general.
How to apply:
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Material Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||25th October 2021|