The Institute for Research in the Social Sciences
- We develop and deliver services that enhance social science research capacity, help to improve grant competitiveness campus-wide, promote interdisciplinary research networking opportunities and provide and support research methods training in support of the University’s land grant mission.
- Ranking and qualifications within these levels are done on a case-by-case basis with factors that include the publication record, past research funding, professional honors and awards, decisive discoveries, and management experience.
- Applicable department research areas include, among others, qualitative, quantitative, analytical and team science.
- Critical to this position is managing programmatic aspects of grants and projects in accordance with the procedures, guidelines and expectations required.
- This position will play a formative role in IRISS’s development, in the execution of current research projects, and in the project management and coordination with government partnerships and engaging with key personnel as necessary.
- The successful candidate will build strong and positive working relationships with staff, unit directors, researchers, campus faculty and administrators, as well as external community and business partners as required with each project and grant. Occasional travel and working non-standard hours are expected and will support other organizational priorities, as defined by the Associate Director of Research and the Director of IRISS.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in an appropriate discipline.
How to apply
Please submit a letter of intent outlining your specific area(s) of expertise, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information of three references.
- Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States at time of application; IRISS will not provide visa sponsorship for these positions.
- References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
- The open pool positions are available for people to apply for one calendar year. If/when IRISS staff decides to hire a postdoctoral fellow, they may elect to hire from the candidates in this open pool.
- More job-specific information will be available at that time. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted.
- This pool is valid through 06/30/2021. Applicants wishing to be considered after this date must reapply.
|Organization||Colorado State University|
|Type of position||Research programe|
|Subject areas||social science|