Postdoctoral Position: Chemistry Solid State Research and Material Sciences
Postdoctoral Position at the Chemistry Solid State Research and Material Sciences Particle, Plasma and Quantum Physics, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids (MPI).
The Department of Chemical Metals Science and the REALM Group at the Max Planck Institute offers a full-time Postdoc position.
Task / Theme Involved
- Comprehensive background in solid-state chemistry, with an emphasis on the synthesis of inorganic materials;
- Our research efforts are targeted at the synthesis of high-quality solid-state materials;
- Preparation of these compounds and alloys is frequently complicated by elemental immiscibility, high melting temperatures or vapor pressures of constituent elements, coupled with other experimental constraints;
- The project will use chemical synthesis techniques in order to prepare single-phase, defect-free samples of several strongly correlated systems;
Qualifications / Requirements
- Completed university degree and Ph.D. in the field of chemistry;
- Capability to work in the team and at the interdisciplinary level;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
In addition, we offer remuneration analogous TVöD (federal government) with a 39-hour working week, 30 days of holiday as well as annual bonus and social benefits (VBL).
Duration: The duration of the project is 24 months.
- The applications ate to be made online.
- Please send your complete application documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, copies of the relevant degree certificates) electronically by e-mail (please combine all file attachments in one PDF document) by 1st August 2021 to Eteri.Svanidze@cpfs.mpg.de
|Organization||Max Planck Institute|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences: Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st August 2021|