About the position:
- Astex’s sustaining innovation Postdoctoral research program aims to maintain and further enhance the Company’s excellent scientific culture by fostering basic research in areas of interest to the drug discovery field, whilst working with scientists in both the biotech sector and with academic.
- Astex Pharmaceuticals is a world leader in innovative drug discovery and development.
- Astex continues to grow and focuses on Oncology and Neurological Disorders
Development of AI technologies to facilitate and automate the structure-based optimisation of fragment hits into leads. The proposed SI postdoc project aims to look at exactly this application of AI.
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Proven track record in using and developing machine learning methods
- Good communication skills
- significant, relevant and demonstrable programming experience
- The successful applicant would join Astex’s computational chemistry and informatics team, which has extensive expertise in developing structure-based design applications, and will be working alongside medicinal chemists, modellers and structural biologist
How to apply:
- please send your CV and a cover letter, quoting the job reference SI-AI20 to email@example.com
- We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse Company representing all backgrounds, harnessing industry-leading scientific innovation and behaviours
Quick Overview Organization Astex Pharmaceuticals Type of position Postdoctoral Country UK Subject areas Drug Discovery, computational chemistry and informatics Deadline
September 14, 2020