PostDoctoral – Development of Micro-MRI at high-/ultra-high fields at the Wageningen University (WU), Netherlands.
Research Theme: The focus of the group is on the implementation of micro-imaging methods in high-/ultra-high-field NMR spectrometers, with the ultimate goal to boost spatial, temporal, and chemical resolution in dynamic MRI studies of small-volume soft materials, complex fluids, and eventually also living systems.
Program details: the postdoctoral position is for one year, with a possible extension by one extra year. The Position is based at the Laboratory of Biophysics at Wageningen University (WU) and integrated within the Dutch National uNMR-NL consortium.
The position is intended to be filled by the end of 2021.
Qualifications / Requirements
The candidate should be an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist. Your profile should signal:
- Ph.D. degree in an NMR/MRI-related field with experience working with pulse sequence development and implementation;
- Research experience and familiarity with dynamic micro-imaging of materials;
- Strong motivation to work flexibly and creatively in a cross-disciplinary environment;
- A very good communications skills and ability to interact constructively with physicists, chemists, engineers, and technicians;
- Good command of the English language.
Benefits of Fellowship
- Sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- Adjustable Working hours
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Monthly Fellowship
The program also includes:
- Training in NMR/MRI methodologies relevant to the project;
- Technical support for hardware developments at both WU and RU;
- Extensive collaboration with partner laboratories within the consortium.
|Organization||Wageningen University & Research (WUR)|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences: Biotechnology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||4 September 2021|