The Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology (MPI EVA) is looking for a Postdoc scientist (m/f/d) in a research program on cross-cultural variation in children’s early cognitive development.
Role and responsibilities:
- design and implement theory-driven empirical studies investigating children’s early cognitive development and behavior
- statistical analyses of quantitative data using frequentist and/or Bayesian approaches in R
- express ideas and results in English both in writing and in oral presentations
- work effectively and conscientiously in various cultural settings, including remote settings with limited infrastructure
- promote a culture of good scientific practice, enabling both methodological rigor and innovation
- Applicant must hold PhD in Psychology, Anthropology, Education, Biology or related natural or social sciences.
- Experience in studying children’s cognitive development and in conducting research in various cultural settings, including remote settings with limited infrastructure; frequentist and/or Bayesian statistics; proficient in R
- Applicant must hold very good communication skills in English
- Encouraged to support Open Science practice
- Candidates of all nationalities are invited to apply.
Duration: Full-time position, starting a soon as possible, initially limited to 3 years with the possibility of extension of 2 more years.
How to apply:
Submit application online including:
- A motivation letter
- List of potential references
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology (MPI EVA)|
|Subject areas||Natural Science, Social Sciences (Psychology, Anthropology, Education, Biology)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|