Postdoc Research Fellow – Analytical Chemist, UBC Vancouver Campus at the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering | Faculty of Applied Science, University of British Columbia (UBC).
A full-time postdoctoral position for an analytical chemist is available in the department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Faculty of Applied Science. Supervisor of the position is Dr. Jane Hill who is a faculty member in the Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering , University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC, Canada).
Fellowship Duration: The position is one year with possibility of extension. Expected start date is negotiable.
Research in the Hill Lab focuses on the development and utilization of ‘omics in the areas of biomarker discovery, validation, and translation into human or animal clinics. The Lab specializes in metabolomics and transcriptomic approaches. Application areas are diverse, from respiratory infection diagnostic development to bioactive molecule discovery in plants. Trainees from the Hill Lab engage in a rich, diverse training environment with excellent, ambitious peers from biology, chemistry, informatics, engineering, and medicine, who are pushing new boundaries in the diagnostic field.
Requirements / Qualifications:
Applicants should possess following credentials:
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry within five years
- Published peer-reviewed articles as the first author
- Excellent chromatographic and mass spectrometry skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and interested in biomarker discovery and validation
Preference will be given to applicants with extensive experience in GC-MS/GCxGC-MS or LC-MS/LCxLC-MS. Preference will also be given to applicants with untargeted molecule identification and verification experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Take the lead of a major project in the lab
- Optimize sample collection and/or sample analysis for the project in a highly reproducible manner
- Lead organization and maintenance of a major instrument in the laboratory
- Train junior lab members
- Produce and publish research results in a timely manner
- Present data at conferences and lab meetings
|Organization||University of British Columbia (UBC)|
|Subject areas||Analytical Chemistry|
|Fellowship amount||As per UBC regulations|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Jun 30, 2021|