The Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) is offering Postdoc position (m/f/d) in Numerical simulation of hydromagnetic flows in planets. A postdoc position can be filled for two years in the Research Group on Planetary Interiors.
About the research:
- The research topic could address fundamental questions of magnetic field generation, specific dynamo models for the Earth or other planets, models for jet flow in the outer shells of gas planets, modeling of specific observations or similar topics that complement existing research in the Planetary Interiors Group.
- Starting date could be between October 1, 2020 and January 1, 2021.
- Candidates must have a PhD in Physics, Geophysics, Astrophysics or a related field, good knowledge of fluid dynamics.
- Applicant must preferably also have experience in magnetohydrodynamics, and experience in numerical simulations and code development.
Application to be sent in a single pdf to email@example.com including:
- Motivation for applying
- Preferred research project
- Copies of relevant documents
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS)|
|Subject areas||Physics, Geophysics, Astrophysics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||until the position is filled|