The Department of Materials Science at Uppsala University has vacancy for a Postdoc position in Neutron scattering and energy materials. The project deals with upgrading the instrument DREAM at ESS to study of nanomaterials and thereby increasing dramatically their use and user base.
About the project:
- The project aims at increasing the length scales that can be probed with DREAM.
- The postdoctoral fellow will work together with a team that will focus in studying battery components with neutron scattering at both the atomic (diffraction) and nanoscopic (small angle neutron scattering, SANS) levels.
- The work implies comprehensive experiments with neutron scattering in neutron facilities around the world with the focus on the multiple length scale approach.
- The work also includes the design, development, and testing of different sample environments for the in-situ characterisation of two different types of nanomaterials such as nanocellulose and iron oxide nanoparticles.
- Applicant must have a PhD degree or a foreign degree equivalent to a PhD degree. The PhD degree must have been obtained no more than three years prior to the application deadline. The three year period can be extended due to circumstances such as sick leave, parental leave, duties in labour unions, etc.
- The position requires a doctoral degree in chemistry, materials engineering or physics with a focus on neutron diffraction.
- A background in x-ray diffraction, small-angle scattering, biomaterials, battery components, and/or magnetic materials is a merit.
- The applicant should have very good communication skills and speak and write good English.
Apply online and the applications should include the following:
- List of publications
- Copies of diplomas and other relevant documents
- At least two reference persons or attach letters of recommendation.
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 August 2020|