The Lab of Microbial Systems Biology at KU Leuven is looking for a motivated postdoc with a passion for microbial community dynamics.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The plan is to monitor species abundances in well-mixed as well as spatially structured environments in well-controlled conditions in vitro.
- The goal is to learn more about the interactions between gut species in these different environments and how they shape community dynamics.
- Depending on the skillset of the candidate, the experiments will be accompanied by the development of a mathematical model that describes the observations.
- Candidate should hold a doctoral degree in an area related to Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or equivalent and should have experience with bacterial culture techniques.
- Experience with anaerobic microorganisms and bioreactors would be a plus.
- Candidate is expected to work independently on the project and to be able to interact with an interdisciplinary research team.
- Candidate is expected to have (not mandatory) prior experience with population models, a strong interest in mathematical modelling is expected.
- Proficiency in English is necessary.
Duration: full-time 3-year contract
Submit applications online with the following:
- Cover letter
- CV including publication record and at least two references
|Subject areas||Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology|
|Deadline||August 15, 2020|