DESY, with its 2700 employees at its two locations in Hamburg and Zeuthen, is one of the world’s leading research centres. Its research focuses on decoding the structure and function of matter, from the smallest particles of the universe to the building blocks of life.
About the position:
- In this way, DESY contributes to solving the major questions and urgent challenges facing science, society and industry.
- With its ultramodern research infrastructure, its interdisciplinary research platforms and its international networks, DESY offers a highly attractive working environment in the fields of science, technology and administration as well as for the education of highly qualified young scientists.
- The NanoLab has an active in-house research program within the fields of X-ray physics and nanoscience.
- In addition, it provides surface spectroscopy and microscopy methods which are complementary to the techniques available at the different DESY accelerator-based light sources.
- Planning and conducting experiments on TiO2 single crystals and nanoparticles
- Using different spectroscopic and microscopic techniques available at DESY NanoLab to analyze the interaction of the virus with photocatalysts
- Active role in the day-to-day operation of the Surface Spectroscopy and Microscopy facilities
- Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, biophysics, biochemistry or materials science
- Experience in the field of photocatalysis
- Experience with X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and Infrared reflection absorption spectroscopy
- Experience with scanning tunneling microscopy and XRD techniques
- Experience with sample preparation under ultra-high vacuum conditions
How to apply:
We are looking forward to your application via our application system:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
|Organization||Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY|
|Subject areas||Physics, chemistry, biophysics, biochemistry or materials science|
|Deadline||October 12 ,2020|