A postdoc position is available within the framework of the Primus Research Programme “A Lenclos-like Method for the Time-Ordered Exponential” at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague..
About the position:
- The appointment period is two years, with the possibility of extension.
- The start date is January 2021, although this is negotiable.
- The project offers an international environment at one of the top universities in the Czech Republic, and the oldest university in Central Europe.
- It will also involve collaboration with international experts from France, Italy, and the UK.
- The gross (before tax) salary for the position is 49,000 CZK/month, an ample amount relative to the cost-of-living in the Czech Republic.
- The applicant must hold a Ph.D. degree by the start date.
- We are looking for candidates with a strong background in numerical linear algebra and numerical analysis.
- In particular, we seek applicants with expertise in matrix function approximation, Kriol subspace methods, and finite precision analysis.
- Good English writing and speaking skills are required.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A pdf of the Ph.D. thesis (if not available, please contact us at email@example.com)
|Type of position||postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Mathematics and Physics|