The research group of Dr. Manuel Mueller in the Department of Chemistry at King’s College London is looking to hire up to two postdoctoral researchers.
About the position:
- Our lab develops and applies chemical biology strategies to investigate how proteins are controlled by post-translational modifications (www.muellerlab-kcl.com).
- The applicants should hold a PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related subject with an emphasis on chemical biology, protein engineering and/or proteomics, and have a strong interest in protein (bio)chemistry.
- In particular, we are interested in modifications of the protein backbone and their potential to control protein structure and function in unique ways (Müller, Biochemistry 2018, 57:177).
- In this context, we are looking for up to two postdoctoral researchers to Develop a multidisciplinary platform to identify cellular proteins subject to backbone modifications.
- Applicants should have a proven track record of research excellence as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Exploit protein semi-synthesis to probe the function of backbone modifications in bio medically relevant proteins.
- They should have a fascination for interdisciplinary research, work well in a small team and have excellent communication skills.
- These posts are funded through a Sir Henry Dale Fellowship, jointly provided by the Welcome Trust and the Royal Society.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related area*
- Excellent research skills with a proven track record of tackling scientific problems at the chemistry/biology interface
- Please note that this is a PhD level role but candidates who have submitted their thesis and are awaiting award of their PhDs will be considered.
- In these circumstances the appointment will be made at Grade 5, spine point 30 with the title of Research Assistant.
- Upon confirmation of the award of the PhD, the job title will become Research Associate and the salary will increase to Grade 6.
How to apply:
- Please include a letter of motivation, your CV including a list of publications and contact information of 2 references in your application.
- For an informal discussion to find out more about the role please contact Dr. Manuel Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Organization||King’s College London|
|Type of position||postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Biochemistry|