Applications from suitably qualified and well-motivated individuals are invited for the position of Research Fellow to work on electron microscopy of the metal/oxide interface as part of the EPSRC funded Lime Hub research programme in BCAST at Brunel University London.
About the position:
BCAST is a speciality research centre in metallurgy and materials engineering with an international reputation and is the host of the national centre of excellence in liquid metal engineering.
- Our research covers fundamental research, technological development and industrial applications in materials processing, with a focus on solidification of metallic materials.
- See brunel.ac.uk/bcastfor more information.
- The successful candidate should have (or about to have) a PhD degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, or a related field of science or engineering, with a sound background in physical metallurgy and/or phase transformations.
- Research experience in nucleation and/or solidification research and skills in advanced electron microscopy are essential.
- The successful candidate should also have good communication and presentation skills and be a team player.
How to apply:
- Informal enquiries should be directed to Prof. Z. Fan (email@example.com)
- Job Description
|Type of position||postdoctoral (Position no-13616)|
|Subject areas||Metallurgy, Engineering, physics, and materials Science|
|Deadline||September o8, 2020|