We are seeking a talented scientist to work in the novel and exciting field of super-resolution microscopy to develop a detection method for protein aggregates formed in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Working with a global biopharmaceutical company, this project will support an exciting clinical trial for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders. You’ll be based in the Edinburgh Single-Molecule Biophysics Group in the School of Chemistry, and also work with UCB biopharmaceuticals.
About the position:
The combination of academic and industrial supervision will provide you with the guidance and knowledge you need to develop your career. This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the future of medical science.
- A successful applicant is likely to have experience with either advanced microscopy methods, or have previously worked on protein aggregation disorders.
- Experience with single-molecule fluorescence techniques, programming (ImageJ, python, MATLAB, etc.) would be advantageous.
- The applicant should have an excellent academic track record commensurate with their career stage and experience.
- The applicant will benefit from training in the vibrant scientific environment provided by the Edinburgh Single-Molecule Biophysics Group, as well as in the laboratories of our collaborators.
- More information about the Edinburgh Single-Molecule Biophysics Group can be found at http://www.smbiophysics.org/.
- PhD or equivalent professional qualifications and experience in a relevant scientific and/or technical subject area.
- Experience with advanced microscopy or neurodegenerative disorders.
- Experience with image analysis
- Experience with immune histo chemistry.
- Experience with super-resolution microscopy.
How to apply:
All applicants should apply online by clicking the apply link at the bottom of this page.
The application process is quick and easy to follow, and you will receive email confirmation of safe receipt of your application.
- The online system allows you to submit a CV and other attachments.
- You will be notified by email whether you have been shortlisted for interview or not.
- University Family Friendly Initiatives
|Organization||University of Edinburgh|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral (vacancy ref-0527710)|
|Subject areas||Chemistry. physics. biology|