Polish Institute of Advanced Studies (PIASt) invites applications for 5- or 10-month research fellowships (juniors/postdocs & seniors/professors), starting their residencies from October 2021 or March 2022. The fellowships are offered mainly to scholars active in the fields of the humanities and social sciences, but projects where these disciplines interface with life and exact sciences are also welcome.
Number of positions:
- Juniors/postdocs: 4 positions
- Seniors/Professors: 8 positions
- At the time of the application, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Poland for more than 6 months during the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date – October 31st 2020 (short stays such as holidays do not count).
- Applications are open to active researchers at two stages of their careers:
- Juniors/postdocs: applicant must have obtained their PhD in the last 10 years and have subsequent working experience as researchers for at least three years prior to the application date (PhD training is not included in the calculation of research experience).
- Seniors/Professors: applicant must have minimum 10 years of full-time research experience after obtaining a PhD.
Applications to be submitted online and applicants are required to submit:
- CV (full contact details, academic and professional experience) – up to 3 pages;
- List of publications – up to 3 pages;
- 3 recent publications in PDF format (in case of texts published in a language other than English, an English-written summary is required)
- A detailed research proposal – up to 10,000 signs (spaces included);
- two letters of recommendation by senior scholars foreign to the applicant’s country of residence (obligatory for candidates applying for junior/postdoc fellowships but optional for senior/professor applicants);
- A copy of the PhD diploma in PDF format (if the writing system used in the diploma is not Latin, a Latin script university certificate or official translation must be attached as well).
|Organization||Polish Institute of Advanced Studies (PIASt)|
|Fellowship Level||Research grants|
|Subject areas||Humanities and Social Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 31st, 2020|