The Max Planck Institute for Chemistry has PhD position available within the VOC Measurements Group to investigate the chemistry of people indoors.
About the project:
- Within the framework of this PhD, indoor emissions from human beings will be investigated, and their subsequent chemistry explored. Particular emphasis will be given to volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Measurements will be taken using climatically controlled chambers and from real world environments with high human occupancy (e.g. a cinema) as well as individual breath sampling.
- Make VOC measurements using state of the art mass spectrometers (GC-MS and PTR-MS)
- Data evaluation and interpretation
- Presentation at international conferences and publication in scientific journals.
- The contract will be for 3 years.
- Applicant must hold excellent B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Chemistry, Physics or Natural Sciences, and interest in atmospheric chemistry/indoor air.
- Experience in air composition measurement by mass spectrometry, particularly of volatile organic compounds would be advantageous
- English language proficiency.
Apply online and upload a letter of motivation, CV, and contact information of two references.
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Chemistry|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Physics, Natural Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|